We've been following our colleague Joe McGill's slave cabin project fairly closely here on the PreservationNation blog, and it turns out we're not the only ones fascinated - yesterday he was interviewed on NPR's "All Things Considered" program. Joe talked to Michele Norris about the project, what inspired him to take it on, and what he's learning along the way. It's an interesting interview, and well worth a listen.
Read more about the project:
- Slave Cabin Project Unites Living History with Preservation
- Slave Cabin Overnights Continue to Enlighten
- Juneteenth Stay at Slave Cabin Offers Several Firsts
- Slave Cabin Project Moves to the Privately-Owned Goodwill Plantation
- Original, Historic Fabric Makes Hobcaw Barony Slave Cabin Stay Special
The National Trust for Historic Preservation works to save America's historic places. Join us today to help protect the places that matter to you.